Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mommy award


I received an award from NeedSleepy for being a good mommy. Can I just say that you really brightened my day! so here is the deal. The rules for this award are, as follows:

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"




My embarrassing awful thing would be my weight. I know that may sound weird as a mommy embarrasment. Here is the thing. Nearly everyone we know is overweight. So my kids think that the cooler you are the bigger your belly. (Papa's are both pretty big guys and they are the girls faves) They are all the time sticking out their little tummys and saying "look how big my tummy is!" So I feel it is my job as a mom to show them what a healthy woman's body is supposed to look like. And I have not been doing so well at that job.



1) I love to hear my kids playing together and loving each other. They are best friends. They don't like being apart and I think there is nothing sweeter in this whole world then seeing them snuggled up in one of their beds, where they were playing and fell asleep. When they say I love you to each other it warms my heart.


2) I love to cuddle with my girls. Nearly every morning they wake up and come crawl into our bed and just want to be held for a little bit. I can lay there and hug and kiss them as much as I want. It is an amazing way to start your day!


3) I love seeing them learn new things. They soak so much in. I always loved to learn and watching my girls get excited about going to a museum or the zoo makes me so happy. We decided to send Valerie to preschool at three because she had been saying for awhile that she wanted to learn to read. Nothing makes Momma more proud than having smart babies!


4) I have two girls. I love that! I won't lie. It is so much fun to put them in beautiful dresses and hairbows, or take them to dance class in little tutus. I think it is cute when they play princess and sing and twirl around the room. I love that they like to go shopping and get new clothes and shoes. I love that we can sit and giggle together just because we are the ladies of the house.


5) I love sitting down with my kids for family dinner. I love how they joke with Daddy and tell him all about their day. I love that they make silly faces at me to get out of those last couple bites. I love that when Steven can't make it they are super disapointed because being together as a family is important to them too.


6) I love to take my kids outside. Whether it is our backyard, the zoo, or the lake. They love being outside. They like to watch the animals. They like to swing and blow bubbles. They love sitting around a campfire. They are such good little campers! We always have a blast when we are outside.


7)I love when my girls laugh. I think this is on every mom's list. There is truly nothing in this world than listening to your happy child laugh out loud. You can not help but laugh along! Valerie has gotten out of more trouble than you could ever imagine because once that giggle starts mommy is done!



I send this award to all moms out there! Fill this out and know that you are an awesome mommy with some amazing kiddos!


No comments: