Monday, July 13, 2009

Cabin Cottage Cabbage

We left Wednesday to go to South Dakota. We go every year for a family reunion on my Dad's side of the family. It was a blast. We swam and played washers and ladderball. We ate and laughed and had an all around good time. We stay at a beautiful camp ground right by a huge dam. There is beautiful scenery and cool water. We stay in small cabins with a big deck looking out over the lake. Every night we have a campfire complete with smores, guitar music, drinking and family.
My darling daughter Valerie had a talk with my aunt Donna who was talking about the cottages we were staying in. We have always called them cabins before. She walked around for two days telling people about how nice it was to stay in a cabbage. She got the top bunk in our cabbage. Where was Nana and Papa's cabbage? Was their cabbage like or cabbage? We laughed every time.
She also was old enough this year to participate at the KartTrax trip. They have go-carts, bumper cars and boats and the big kids go every year. The minimum age for most of their rides is four. So, this year Valerie drove her own bumper car. She was barely big enough to reach the levers but she did it and I have never heard her giggle so hard.
Today is our first day back home. I am exhausted but invigorated. I loved it and can't wait for next year.Now, if you will excuse me I have 20 loads of laundry that need done so we don't smell like campfire and dinnertime is sneaking up on me.

No comments: